Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hickson Road

There's something about Hickson Road. 5 x 1.2km off 2 minute rest sounds fairly straightforward, but it's run at a constantly uncomfortable pace so the whole session is painful. It was made worse today by the hot and very humid conditions - felt that I had no strength in the legs at all.

Huge crowd today (must have been 15+) with Charlie, Serg, Enda, Anthony and Phil Woods running towards the front. My reps went:

3:52; 3:48; 3:44; 3:44; 3:37

Couldn't believe how slow the first one was, and how hard it felt running it. Wasn't helped by the fact I ran the first two by myself up front. Joined by Serg on rep 3, Anthony on rep 4 and ran the final rep accelerating all the way with Enda and Charlie (who pulled ahead at the end). To think that six months ago I used to average 3:35 for these...

MC and Durante were taking it easy further back in anticipation of the Striders race on Saturday. Will be interesting to see what times they run. On current form I reckon Mike would have a chance of cracking 34 on a flat course so I reckon 34:2x on Saturday. Durante would run sub-30 if he did some consistent training.

Looking forward to going along to lapscore Kanser and Tucks at the State 5km tonight. Don't envy them running in these conditions.

No comments: