Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tempo 10km

Inspired by the Striders 10km this morning where I manned the water stop, headed out for a tempo 10km at 4pm around the flat accurate 10km route. Probably took it a bit harder than a tempo thinking about how well Uncle Dave ran this morning and how far behind him I would have been. Quite far judging by this run. Had Kanser's Frank Shorter quote in my mind after 400m, really not feeling in the mood and feeling tired before I'd even got started. Struggled on regardless and gradually felt my way in. Started to struggle around Campbell Parade - the sort of point where when you are fit your legs feel more numb than tired so that you're able to push yourself more. Ended up with a 37:20. Considerably harder than the 37:20 I ran with Springer 10 days ago.

Splits went: 3:34, 12:25 (5:55 for the Manly mile) and 23:57 (5:48 for return Manly mile).

Great watching the race this morning but really wanted to be a part of it. Good crowd of 6 up front with Chris Truscott and Robin Whitely making rare appearances, along with Jeremey Horne, Paul Arthur and Unc. Winner was Luke Taylor(?). Big gap until the next group. MC had a bad run but will perform to what he's capable of next time around. Durante had too big a smile on his face to have been trying hard enough and good to see Kanser almost back in the 35 mins. His second 5km must have been a lot quicker than his Bay 5km last week.

2 comments:

House Dad said...

Hey, I think I have this correct after reading the post on CoolRunning. Can you say a MASSIVE thanks to your wee ones for the yummy lollies that I scored at Saturday's Lane Cove run. The were AMAZING and such a reward after getting to the top of those hills on my first ever Sydney Striders run.

Lee :o)

Unknown said...

Cheers Lee and congratulations on your first Striders run. Hope to see you out there running many more.