Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Out for a while

Achilles reacted badly to yesterday's run so I've decided to stop running for a while until I can sort it out properly. Every time I sit down to rest, and particularly when I get up in the morning, it's very stiff such that I'm hobbling about until I can stretch it out. I can't contemplate doing any proper sessions when it's like this so it's better to bite the bullet now. Spent a very depressed day coming to this decision. Not helped by being permanently knackered. Needed another 2 hour sleep today over lunch.

I'm just going to concentrate on doing the exercises (most literature suggests 3 months until they show any effect and I've been doing them for a month) and will start swimming to keep vaguely fit. Anyone who has ever seen me swim will be laughing at this point.

3 comments:

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Sorry to hear about the injury. Had a quick look at Noakes "Lore of running", he recommends strength work but also recommends cross frictions - deep massage into the area daily. It will be painful but worth it. See you on the road soon.

Anonymous said...

Tom,

That's a shame. At least it's a time of year when not much racing is happening.

Hopefully see you out there ASAP.

Gerry

Superflake said...

Hope you are not off the road for too long. Running on sand always seemed to help my ankles. Very hard work and I know it is your achilles but they are in the same area so maybe it will help.