Monday, January 28, 2008

Public holiday Monday


Just a 1km swim in the Manly Boy Charlton pool. 23:48. Felt pretty tired today, probably due to the lack of swimming as a result of the increased running. Legs were sore today after yesterday's effort (particularly the thighs) but haven't felt the achilles all day. Saturday nights/Sunday morning's rest seems to have done the trick. I'll give it a day's rest each week. In fact, worringly, the left achilles was more sore than the right today.


Have added a photo taken this afternoon of Charlie and the older kids with his new armbands. He's taken to jumping in, with assistance (at the moment).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom

I have just read your recent blogs. Sounds like you are getting past the worst of the achilles injury. I hope it does go away and you are back racing before too long. Although a break won't have hurt you at all. I say that because I am trying to convince myself that 12 months of no running will not have hurt me...

I have made it to Canberra and slowly getting back on my feet - although mainly rowing and cycling at the moment - so hopefully I can be racing by the end of the year.

Cheers, PB