Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday long run

Thank God for the rain. Kirst wanted to do her run first this morning but woke up late so I only had 90 minutes before needing to take Bec to Nippers. Planned on two loops of the flat 10km route so set off at a decent pace given I would be running short. Fortunately, it started to rain and running past Queenscliff SLSC it was very quiet so Nippers was obviously cancelled. On that basis, decided to run 3 loops and make it over 30km.

Bumped into TJA on the way to Shelley Beach so ran with him for the rest of the way. 10km loops went 41:47, 43:00 and 42:25. The legs were pretty shattered at the end but I'm definitely feeeling stronger over these 2 hours runs towards the end. 3 weeks ago I was really struggling from 20km onwards. Good to run with TJA - wouldn't have managed 30km on my own at that pace. Sounds like he was suffering from illness yesterday.

31km all up.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Pity about being sick the last week. I reckon you would have kept up with Uncle with your training. Homebush in May should be a good shot at your 10k PB.