Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hickson Road

Back to where it all began - 5 x 1.2km reps along Hickson Road off 2 minutes. Haven't done these in a while and on the first rep it showed. A good crowd (it must have been as a result of Springer turning up with his camera) including Serg, Ray, Muz, Charlie, Richard H, Kanser, MC, Darren etc.

Reps went:

3:47, 3:33; 3:35; 3:39; 3:36

Started off on the first rep thinking I was travelling quickly. I was out in front but with a big group just behind. Was shocked at how slow it was. I'd forgotten that if you want to run these reps quickly you really have to dig in and push from the very start. That's why they hurt so much. Serg pushed the pace on the second, Ray pushed on the 3rd, Serg again on the 4th then Ray and Richard H on the final rep. I just latched on to whoever was pushing on each rep. Pleased with the reps other than the first but most pleased that I felt fine afterwards. May have been because the first was relatively easy but I used to feel spent after this session.

Hot today but not too much wind.

Richard H is looking very fit - hope he goes well in his Half IM.

3 comments:

Hamburglar said...

He is looking fit isn't he. Lost a lot of weight too.

But it is a full Ironman I think you'll find.

James said...

Impressed.

I do these reps on the track by myself ... only I do them a minute slower !!
You guys are flying.

Superflake said...

Good session mate