Friday, March 28, 2008

Easy running and mad cycling

Very easy 13km around the Centennial Park route with Serg, Kanser and Springer in 56:47.

Then I headed down to Martin Place as part of the Allens team in "Spin for a Cure" in aid of the Junior Diabetes Research Foundation. It involved each team member peddling as fast as they could for 8 minutes. It reminded me why I'm a runner and not a cyclist. And also why cyclists wear lycra. I wore my running shorts and my groin was almost bleeding by the end. Still, I was off last and the only female member of our team had posted the furthest distance until then so that was the obvious target. Managed 4.87kms and pipped her by 0.03kms. So my male ego remained intact. She's just joined the firm and turns out she's a good runner - has a marathon PB of 3:29 and is running Canberra in 2 weeks time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Name??

I am still struggling back. Foot is fine but having not run for 12 months I am encountering the soreness and muscle strains that were inevitable. Having fun though.

PB

David said...

TOM,

lOOKS LIKE WE WERE BOTH COMPETING AGAINST THE WOMEN TONIGHT ! WELL
DONE FOR ALSO SHOWING 'THE LADIES' WHO IS BOSS!!

David

Unknown said...

Pete - she's called Annie Bowden. Unfortunately she's only on secondment from Slaughter & May so, unless we can persuade her to stay, she'll be leaving in August and will be no benefit to the JPMorgan team.

Good work Dave - I think there was considerable more merit in your efforts than mine though!