Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fartlek

45 minutes Fartlek - 1 min on, 30 seconds off. Average pace overall was 3:40 so covered about 12.3km. I guess the fast stretches were close to 3:20 and the slow stretches 4:20. Set off with a group of myself, Charlie, Serg, Anthony and Gerry. The Judge immediately disappeared off into the distance as he was only doing 30 mins. Didn't see the rest of the crowd - it's a pretty anti-social session - but Kanser, MC (back after a month off running), Enda, Greg and a whole bunch of others were there so not sure how they fared.

Our crowd stayed together until 22.5 mins when the confusion arose. I think the last time HuRTS did this session they turned around at half way and ran back. I missed that session so was basing it off the last two times I did it where we do a loop of the Domain then started heading back, albeit finishing on 45 mins. Gerry dropped off at 22.5 mins. I really started to struggle from about 25 mins when fatigue from last night's run set in. Serg and Charlie were pushing on at this stage, with Anthony and I just behind. Serg and Anthony stopped at 35 minutes leaving me to struggle behind Charlie for the final 10 mins. Finished half way around the small park after the Park Hyatt - about 20 seconds short of when we did this session on 13th December. However, today we added a section doubling back to the bubbler near the toilets in the Domain so would work out at approximately the same distance covered.

Warm.

No comments: