Tuesday, March 04, 2008

4 x 3km

Tough session today. 4 x 3km (or 10mins, whichever arrived first) off 2 minutes rest. Another good crowd with Tucks, Serg, Anthony, Kanser, Judge Drev, Gerry, Durante, Ray, Luke, Tim C, Tim L, Adam, Greg and Pete W.

We ran the Mona Fartlek route. On the first rep, 10 mins was reached at the second lamppost short of the stone pillars (basically where I normally turn when running Mona Fartlek). The Judge was way out in front, with Tucks and Anthony just in front of Serg and I having pulled ahead over the final 400m. On the 2nd rep it was more of the same, the Judge disappearing off into the distance with Tucks and Anthony again a few yards in front of Serg and I. Finished that one in 9:36, starting from the same point we finished the first rep (about 2.8km). The 3rd rep was probably my best - ran all the way with Anthony. Tucks was now pulling ahead easily and we overtook the Judge on the hill beside the Boy Charlton pool. Serg had dropped off too. Finished about 20m short of where we finished the first rep. Most didn't run the final rep with only Tucks, Ray, Durante, Adam, Greg, Tim C and I completing it. I ran 9:44 (over the shorter distance), really struggling with no-one to run with. Tim C and Ray pulled ahead from their starting position in front of me and Tucks put in about 15 seconds on me. Was shattered at the end and still feeling sorry for myself now.

My fitness isn't there yet but all these sessions help. In retrospect, I started this session too quickly. Better to run the speeding up towards the end.

About 13km all up.

No comments: