Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday tempo - PB!

Headed out in the late afternoon in good conditions (about 23C) for the usual 7.5km Manly route. Felt strong even though the back is a bit sore, the groin chaffing is bad and my thighs were stiff after yesterday's cycle. I think the strength came from not running on Thursday and the cooler weather. 7:22 at Fairlight pool, 19:39 at Queenscliff (5:36 for the Manly mile into a slight headwind) and 26:34 all up. A 5 second PB from 28 July last year when I was really going for it. Very pleased with the run as I was cautious on the downhills because of my back so there is a few more seconds in it. Particularly pleased with the way I finished - 32 seconds quicker over the final 2km than last week.

When I set the PB last year I went on to run 33:31 at Lane Cove the following week which should give me some indication as to where I'm at for next Saturday.

Pete - good to hear from you and hope the uninjured running can continue. I'll be expecting a trip down to Sydney in the next few months for you to test things out...

No comments: