Tuesday, March 11, 2008

8 x 5mins

Getting stronger. 8 x 5mins off 90 seconds rest. Run in the sun and heat at lunchtime with a big crowd including Ray, Tucks, Anthony, Kanser, Springer, the Judge, Phil W, Timinerko, Greg, Darren, Enda, Adam C, Pete W and others.

Tried not to push too hard for the first few reps. A big crowd ran easily on the first rep then the Judge with Tucks following were slightly ahead from reps 2 to 6. I tended to run with Anthony and Ray. The reps were gradually increasing in pace from 3:25 to closer to 3:20 per km. A lot dropped out after 6 so that only Ray, Tucks, Enda, Adam and I completed rep 7 with Gerry, Greg and Tim L stopping after 4 mins. Enda and Adam dropped out after 7. Ran with Tucks all the way on reps 7 and 8 feeling very good. Not nearly as spent as last week and the strongest I've felt after doing that session. This is a GMap of the final rep which suggests it was run at 3:13 per km....
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1689559

The Judge was looking strong and didn't tail off on his final rep. Will be very interesting to see what he can do at the NSW Road 10km. I might open a book on the Judge vs Tucks. Any takers?

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Must have been a good crowd at the beach today mate.Check the gmap link. Are you sure you were running Hickson Rd?

I vote for Tucks.

Greg Cassis said...

I did my full 8 X 5 minutes!!! Non of this 4 minute crap for me ;-)