Friday, January 15, 2016

Thursday heat

AM:  7km along the beach in warm and muggy conditions.

Lunch:  38C (and humid with it) but the session had to be done.  Turned up at Rushcutters with Scotty, Crossy, Darren Moyle, Little Tom, Paul H, Erika and a small band of other nutcases to find Timmy had laid out the track via his famous cones on a perfect Rushcutters surface and had even brought an Esky full of bottle of cold water for us.  Really above and beyond the call of duty.  So we had to do the session.  It was a lesson in heart rate control.  Knew that if I pushed too hard I would blow or feel sick.  Erika had a cold sweat half way through the session so had to ease off completely.  By rep 6 I knew I'd get through OK so pushed harder on the last 2.  Times were:

2:31, 2:30, 2:30, 2:32, 2:31, 2:31, 2:28, 2:24

Scotty was 1-2s ahead on each of them other than reps 6 and 7 where I was ahead, but plainly he was saving himself for the last where he blasted me away.

We didn't get under 6:30 m/km on the jog back to the office.  Despite doing the session topless, my singlet was dripping wet.  Horrific conditions but pleased to get through unscathed.

No comments: