Saturday, January 30, 2016

Thunderstruck

Couldn't get out this morning due to kids sport so Tiger's session (Parkrun plus 10min hard, 5 easy, 10 hard) was always in jeopardy.  Looked a killer in any case.  Only got out at 6pm and, given I'm running long in the am, decided on half of it.  Did a long warm up, decided on two laps of the golf course as:
(A) it's exactly 5km; and
(b) I knew there'd be a few Strava times up for grabs.
Ran 16:51 feeling pretty controlled.  I say controlled as my breathing was ok but not sure I could have run any quicker.
15km all up averaging 4:05's.  Managed to venture out just as the thunderstorm hit.

Holy crap, you can tell it's Olympic year.  Times at the Hunter Track Classic are sensational.  1:46.3 by some kid to win the 800m (Jared 3rd in 1:47.8) and Gregson winning a top quality 3000m in 7:47 with a load under 8mins.

No comments: