Saturday, January 16, 2016

Park & Fart

Woke up feeling a bit shabby but persuaded myself to get out and do the session knowing it wouldn't happen later.

Jogged the 2.5km to Curl Curl.  Decided to take the Saucony racing flats with me just to get me in the right frame of mind, otherwise I struggle to push it at Parkrun.  Session was 2km hard, 1km easy, 2km hard.  Went out hard and starting breathing heavily at around 700m but steadied to do the first 2km in 3:05 and 3:11.  Felt like I was jogging the third (3:54) and Andy (with Jamie not far behind) just got on to my shoulder at 3km, called me a tease, before I was off again.  Straight up the hillock which was not nice but finished feeling OK to do a 3:16 and a 3:06.  16:32 all up.

Then a brief chat and started to jog the course again with Jamie and his mate Roachy.  Got to 800m before I started the 8 x 1min fartlek (1min on, 1min off).  That went OK running 3:45, 3:44, 3:42 and 3:35.

Then a 4km jog home.

Canny busy morning like.  Lay on the sofa all afternoon.  Still no Telstra.

No comments: