Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not a long Sunday run

Too tired this morning, so went out just before 2pm. Half way around the first lap plodding along I started thinking, what the hell am I doing, I could be playing with the kids, spending some time with Kirsten and instead I'm plodding around at a ridiculously slow pace doing this selfish pursuit, worrying about how sore my ankle is and all for what - to be able to run a 10km about 20 seconds quicker than I otherwise - would which no-one but myself really cares about. And frankly, I'm not that bothered. It's safe to say I've lost my running mojo. In constantly trying to improve times, I'm always pushing in training and not enjoying my running an more.

I'd planned on three 10km loops again. I couldnt quite bring myself to stop after one (reached in a mightily impressive 43:53) so, one minute into the second loop, I decided just to run the rest of it as quick as I could. That way, I'd get back to the family quicker and it wouldn't be a totally lost cause of a run. Also had the added benefit that my achilles isn't sore when I run fast. Bit of a Northerly breeze on Manly beach but the second 10k was 36:54 running angry.

3 comments:

David said...

You must have watched the Arsenal Newcastle game!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a week's break. Or two...

PB

Anonymous said...

My Personal opinion is your running too many hard sessions..

None of your runs are easy pace.

Hopefully you will join us today for an easy 14k and we can have a chat.

Serg.