Thursday, August 28, 2008

HuRTS 12 x 400m

Left achilles has been constantly sore - only relief is when I'm running (when the pain disappears altogether) and when I stretch it thoroughly, including doing the eccentric loading exercises on it. For that reason, I'm not too bothered for the moment.

Headed out today still feeling tired from yesterday. Large crowd from Macquarie (including DC5 and KMK) plus Durante, MC, Scott, Stephen and Luke etc. Wasn't going to push too hard but it's tough not to when you have a front group of DC5, KMK and Durante pushing along. Reps around the marked out track at Rushcutters went:

70, 73, 70, 71, 71, 71, 73, 72, 71, 71, 71, 71.

MC reckons it's 2 seconds long for 400m. Solid start to my first speed session in a long while and a useful base point. Ran most with Durante, with DC5 in front and KMK dropping in and out. Pleased to be catching DC5 over the second half of the final 4 reps. Felt like giving up after 4 but the reserves kicked in.

[Yikes. Just checked out what I did on May 29. In fairness there was a strong breeze today, but I've plainly lost a bit of speed. Hopefully it's been compensated by some endurance. Need to get these speed sessions going more regularly if I want a good time in NY and at State 3km.]


POST SCRIPT: Very bizarre and sad coincidence. I wrote 4 weeks ago that I was coming back from a Tiger massage and saw a jumper on York St and heard him fall. Yesterday, I was walking back from a Tiger massage along Market St and saw that it had been closed off and loads of people were standing on side of the road with an ambulance crew and a fireman's truck with the extendible platform. I've just seen this on the SMH website. I was only watching the bloke get married on TV the night before.....http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/all-saints-star-found-dead/2008/08/28/1219516617997.html

2 comments:

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

MC is right, it's about 2-3 sec out. Whatsmore the ground was a little heavy today from the recent rain.

Anonymous said...

Too Many Excuses !! :) - Serg.