Saturday, August 30, 2008

Coolrunning 5km

Perfect day for running - cool, no wind and crystal clear. A few of the regulars were at the start including Tiger, Action, Cam Arnold and Hamburglar. Set off on 16:30 but with the intention of running under 16. Gary was the only one near setting off on 17:00. It's just a question of running blind and hoping people will appear. Went through 2km in 6:27 and realised I'd be struggling to beat 16:00 but then caught Gary between 2 and 3km and reached 3km in 9:37 so thought I was back on track. However, lost it between 3 and 4km without anyone to push me. Put in a bit of an effort when I could see the end to finish in 16:11. So no new PB - the weakest one I have remains for another day. Gary looked disappointed with his 17:22 but HB was pleased with a PB in 18:50.

5 mins rest then ran back with Gary at a solid pace - 18:40 for the return 5km.

No comments: