Tuesday, August 26, 2008

HuRTS 4 x 3km

I'm getting slower. Not sure what's going on as the training has not let up and the race performances have been good. But can't believe how quickly I ran this session in June based on how I felt today. Reps went:

9:51; 9:25; 9:57; 9:31

It was pretty warm (at last!) but I don't think that made any difference to the times. Decent crowd with the Olympics over and people back from holiday. Charlie, DC5, Stevie T, Muz, Kanser (running very strongly again) and I were in the front group, Serg and Durante were easing their way back in after holidays and Ray, Tim L, MC, KMK, Pete W and a load of others were also around. Charlie, DC5 and Stevie T pulled ahead towards the end of the first rep and were well ahead for the rest. I seemed to start slowly on each one and then catch Kanser and Muz in the second half. The legs just felt lethargic today.

Still, a session's a session and I'm still pretty confident of the overall fitness.

Note: Tried to run to work yesterday but gave up after 2km. Was knackered and the left achilles was very sore. Iced it all day and did some exercises last night and it felt much better today. Need to keep an eye on it though.

No comments: