Thursday, May 29, 2008

HuRTS 12 x 400m

Smaller crowd than Tuesday (always the same for the speed sessions) which included Ray, Tucks, Durante, MC, Kanser, The Judge, Tim C, Tim L, RMR, Mathew Kaley (still trying to think of a nickname) and Stephen.

They've marked out a new track around the oval which made it a lot easier to follow your line but added a few metres to the distance - we reckon it was 415m (or what we were previously doing was 385m). Ran most from the front with Durante on my shoulder threatening to come by. He did so on rep 7 , rep 11 and, of course, the final rep but pleasingly was "out-cowboyed" by The Judge who had plainly been taking it easy before then. Reps went as follows:

70, 70, 70, 70, 70, 70, 70, 70, 70, 69, 69, 68.

Tough today - really pushed them so saying the track is two seconds longer is an honest assessment. MC and Kanser thought the same. Pleased to stay in front of Durante for most of them and he must have been trying hard as he didn't put up a fight against the Judge on the final rep.

My legs are still wobbling now an hour after we finished.

Getting a bit worried about Saturday relays as I'm provisionally in the A team. Trying to persuade Glenn to put me back where I belong, first leg of B team so I get dragged around to a fast time.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Good luck Saturday. I should get down there to watch.