Monday, April 09, 2012

Settling in

I could get used to this camping malarkey. Sit around all day then start drinking at 4pm, in bed by 9pm.

Yesterday was 29km to the end of Yagon beach and back - 5km of fire trail then 19km of soft sand followed by 5km trail. Struggled to run 5min kms on the soft sand - when I got back on the trail again I was running 4:10's for the same effort. Glutes got a great work out though. 2:17 or thereabouts.

Today was 10km in the twilight on the trail to Yagon and back. Convinced I could hear dingoes tracking me in the words so ran most of it quite quick carrying a large stick.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

What Dingo would take a skinny runner? Probably was a drop bear.

thekiltedscot said...

You are meant to walk softly when carrying a big stick, not run quickly Mr H.