Monday, April 23, 2012

Allens Linklaters

My new firm name. Just an easy run home tonight in 57:11 (Toyota Garage in 30:17). A couple of great runs in the London Marathon yesterday. First up Big Sam showed his strength in running 2:46:59. I'd predicted a 2:44 and he was on that pace at halfway (low 1:22) but apparently got the old cramps resurfacing between 30 and 40km so had to ease the pace to keep them at bay. Sounds like it's just a question of sorting out his nutrition. He was able to throw caution to the wind in the final 2km and his pace showed it - increasing by 12s per km for this section. BeerMatt had a great run in doing a 2:30:55. Looks like he went out exactly on his target pace running low 1:14 at half way. A very high quality time although I suspect he's a bit disappointed not going sub 2:30. If I could go through my first half in the time he does his second half I'd be happy.

2 comments:

Enda said...

Most importantly how does this merger improve you JPMorgan chances Tom?!

Unknown said...

Unfortunately not mate, but I've been recruiting well..