Tuesday, April 03, 2012

HuRTS 45min tempo

Big crowd which I had to corral again with MC still absent but a bith thinner upfront. I'd planned on not pushing early on and J-Fen had the same idea so we ran together. Tucks ran with us wondering why noone was pushing the pace before he drifted off around Circular Quay. We were doing about 3:40-3:42's going out and I don't think I could have gone any faster. Breathing was fine but the legs were just dead. Then when we turned at 22.5mins (6.1km) I kicked into action a bit and J-Fen and I ran back together at a better pace finishing in 44:29. I almost pulled the pin at CQ on the return with a dodgy gut. Safe to say there was no risk of me not holding my core while running up the hills at the end.

All up 12.2km at an average of 3:38's. Very warm again today but I'm generally just tired. The holidays can't come soon enough.

Good to see Timmy and Enda back and the Fairlight crew going strong.

No comments: