Tuesday, April 24, 2012

HuRTS 45mins tempo

It's a game of two halves. MC still absent so I corralled the masses into the session. Bartles and Scotty went straight to the front with Macca, Ray and Tucks behind me. I stayed with Scotty and Bartles until Farm Cove where they eased ahead and I eased back with the legs feeling fatigued and me wondering why I'm in a rut. Turned at the second set of speed bumps (6.39km) so I'd made good progress but was about 80m behind the front two. Immediately after turning I lifted the pace and felt much better. Concentrated on reeling in Macca and then Ray who was pushing the pace. Felt good pushing the hills back up to the start (covering the final gate to gate in 10:07) and finishing the 12.78km in 44:55 (3:30 pace). Bartles had closed and was just 8s behind but Scotty had bailed around Farm Cove. Bizarre weather. It was really hot before the start, then cooled during the run and then the heavens opened just after we finished. Can't work out this new Blogger format. Not sure the IT people at work will be happy with me downloading Google Chrome onto my PC, but can't seem to work anything without it. And if they've updated a load of stuff, why isn't there an easy button to allow me to embed videos? And why doesn't it show new paragraphs when downloaded?

No comments: