Thursday, June 12, 2008

HuRTS Hickson Road


Was dreading this session as my legs still felt tired after the last couple of days and this is not the session to go into feeling anything less than on top form. No Tucks or Charlie (absent since SMH Half) but Serg, Durante, Ray, Kanser, the Judge, Muz, MC, KMK, RMR, Tim's L and C, Mat K and Rich M among others all showed up making it a good crowd.

Reps went as follows:

3:35; 3:28; 3:32; 3:25; 3:30

Legs felt tired all the way through so pleased to still keep the times consistent. I'd feel OK for the first 200m, struggle in the middle part of each rep (dropping off whoever I was running with) then would feel stronger in the final 300m and make up some ground. Ran reps 1 and 2 just behind Serg. On rep 3 he and Ray (finally making some effort in these HuRTS sessions) set off like hares and were a good 50m ahead at half way before slowing in the second half. Durante came up to my shoulder on that rep. Rep 4 Serg and I started 7 seconds behind the main group and found it easier chasing people hence the good time. Rep 5 I ran with Muz who dropped me at the bridge before I caught him again in the final 50m. Durante, KMK and the Judge ran a blinder way out front.

Pleased with being able to cope with the speed session after yesterday's long one. I'll repeat this format in the weeks up to Gold Coast. Have now booked flights and accommodation so it's all on and I'm getting excited about it. This race, City to Surf and JPMorgan NYC are the races I'll be tapering for in the near future.

Will be interesting to see how Durante and KMK fare against each other on Sunday. Durante should have him easy based on training sessions but it's amazing what a little confidence can do.


Added a photo of me and Mags at the weekend for the family, showing how much she's grown up recently...

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Cartwright, Dent, Westcott, Horne, Rowe, St Larence. Sure will be fast up the front. Hope you can latch onto one of them and do a quick time. Plenty of hills but plenty of flat sections as well. Good luck.

James said...

Only noticed Maggy after a minutes as I was studying intently the extent of your receding hairline.
It would appear that the pace of your running is not the only thing that has been speeding up lately ...
P.S. Maggy looks great. Can she sit up by herself yet ?

Anonymous said...

Great picture Tom - keep them coming. Glad to see the running going so well.

When are you running in NY again for the corporate challenge race?

Alec