Monday, April 21, 2008

Tempo run home

Training schedule is all over the place at the moment with being busy at work and holidays. Planned a long run today but couldn't get out all day and felt it was too late at 7.30pm when I finally left for the evening. So decided to do a tempo run home (about 14km) and will do 2 hours running in tomorrow (client lunch so am missing HuRTS) .

Looked back in my blog to see what my PB for this route was and saw that I ran 50:47 nearly a year ago (June 7th) shortly before setting my 10km PB at Gold Coast. Surprised I haven't done this run more often as I think the long tempo runs are pretty useful. Given I think I'm now in better shape, I psyched myself up to set a PB. Really pushed the pace from go to whoa. 25:18 at the Toyota Garage (1:17 ahead of the red line) and 48:51 all up - a 1:56 PB. Chuffed to bits with the time. Still think there's more to come as I eased off a little from Spit Junction to Spit Bridge. Having said that, I really pushed the uphills.

Flake - I'm back up to Smiths Lake on Thursday night so will be missing Novice. My money's on Harry Summers. Expect a big improvement from Dave Kane too. Given his recent Hickson Road rep times and the fact that he's equally as competitive as those gun 18yr olds, I'm predicting he'll run 34:27 and kick himself for not getting a PB before agonising over whether it's a full 10km or not. I'm just throwing everything at the State 10km. Saw a recent thread on Coolrunning which suggested DrJH would be running. To beat him would be the dream scenario.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Pity you won't be running as Benny St Lawrence and Tucks are not eligible and you were 4th last year. Thought you might be in for a shot. Kanser is on fire, now he is over Tokyo soreness.