Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mona Fartlek

Caught up with the HuRTS squad to run 90, 60, 30s on the usual route. Crowd included Kanser, Serg, the Judge, Fats, MC, Durante, Greg, Phil W, RMR and Clement. A few were taking it easy with Novice on Saturday, so found myself in a small group with Serg, the Judge and Fats after the first 90. Serg and the Judge then really pushed the second 90 and I was just trying to hang on to Fats. Really struggled up the hills - felt lots of beer in my legs after last night. Turned 20 yards short of the Stone Arch (closest I've got to it other than the reps prior to JPM) and about 15 yards behind Serg and the Judge. Immediately Fats started to drop me on the 3rd and 4th 60s and Serg and the Judge caught me. Then we hit the 30s and I seemed to get a new lease of life. Caught up with the other three and then dropped Serg and the Judge coming around Farm Cove with Fats just holding on. Finished the final fast rep at the Opera House gates and the session half way around the Opera House.

Fats is in great form. My bet with the Tiger is safe at this rate. Serg is also coming back into form (again). Off to Smiths Lake tonight so good luck to Kanser, Durante, MC et al running Novice on Saturday.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Strider Robbie Neill 4th in 33:12Durante 34:57, Kanser 36:03,Serg in the 10k inv was 34:40.