Saturday, November 07, 2015

Curl Curl Parkrun - 2nd in 15:54

Got a bit nervous for this one.  Realised yesterday that Quentin was running as a final tune up before JPMorgan.  The Tiger had it down for me.  I was a bit worried I'd run an average time and lose confidence for Wednesday.  But with Q running, all I had to do was hang in for as long as possible and be dragged around.

Did a 4km warm up.  Changed into the Fastwitches. Bit of a chat with Macca, Bindi and Q and then we're off.  Feels quick but I'm not going lactic so just go for it.  Through 1km with Q in 3:02, push ahead for a bit and through the second mm in 3:08, then the third km in 3:19 exchanging the lead but starting to feel the pinch.  Up the hill, still holding on but waiting for Q to pile the pressure on.  But we're still together at the bridge and it's only in the last 400m that he puffs he chest out, extends those long legs and pulls ahead to win by 3s.

Very happy with that.  I wanted something sub 16:20 so to get within 1s of my course PB was a huge bonus.  4km warmdown with Macca bumping into Emma who surprised herself over a 2km time trial.

Now to rest up for Wednesday.

Maggie's party this arvo:



1 comment:

Lewis said...

Back in form!!! Didn't take long! Great run