Thursday, November 26, 2015

4 x 2km

Probably my worst session of the year.  Got up at 5.30am for the 6th time in a row and it showed.  Not helped by it being 28C at 6am and blowing a hot westerly wind.

Just me and Emma today.  Used the same 1km Nolan's route as Tuesday and did 2 laps changing direction each time.  That was the first mistake.  Clockwise was considerably slower than anti-clockwise due to the wind.

Reps were ugly.  When things got really bad, I just concentrated on form.  Reps went:
6:52
6:42
6:50
6:34
Last rep was barefoot finally feeling vaguely ok.  Otherwise I was heavy legged and lacking desire.  Emma was the same.  We decided not to ever talk about that session again.

Long warm up and down for 17km
all up.

Beer Mile tomorrow.  I don't think I've ever wanted to beat anyone in a race as much as I want to beat Timmy in this one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Assume your race pipeline is empty till April? No point killing yourself at least not till post xmas?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

Shame on you Tommy H, you need to set your sights higher then trying to take out an ageing footballer with dodgy knees, who is in NO form whatsoever.
Still, game on :)
Bring ya $20

Unknown said...

Hoey - I just do what the boss tells me to do. I'm confident he has a grand plan...

Timmy - I reckon you'll need a 10s start on the final lap. Just don't be pouring beers on your head or doing a Charlie.