Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday apologies

Well, all hell broke loose this morning when one of my key clients sends an email explaining that a member of his team was very upset at being left off the list and that I couldn't expect any work to flow my way as a result. So, with grovelling apologies, this has been rectified. Please view yesterday's updated list of the HuRT Squad Chosen Few.

Today was an easy 13km with Ray. 86km for week.

Was checking some old race results yesterday and found these PDFs of the English Schools Track and Field champs in 1988 when I was 14. I just missed the final in the Junior Boys 1500m that day in a sprint finish (as usual) but more interesting is Junior Girls 1500m. Check out who finished 8th in the final. I'd travelled down with the Northumberland squad all the way to Yeovil on the bus and was quite interested in a girl on the bus from Northumberland called Valerie Botham (albeit in a 14yr old asolescent sort of way and who I think was from the same school as Timmy's mate Sian Ellison). Great pins. Little did she know she'd just beaten a girl who would go on to be the greatest female marathoner in history.

Check it out:





No comments: