Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HuRTS 4 x 3km

Actually, 4 x 10mins on way out, 2 mins rest then return to the start.

Was working until 2am last night and was struggling this morning so set off pretty tentatively, trying just to ease my way into it. I think everyone was doing the same thing as there was a lot of banter going on for a rep session. John, Tucks and Fats out front (the Judge dropping in every now and then), me, Ray, Andy and Enda in the next group with Derek and Clement popping in and out. Reached the edge of the bus stop outside the Art Gallery for the first rep (same point as I got to on Mona Fartlek two weeks ago but felt as though I was running a lot slower today). Back in 9:30. I pushed the 3rd rep, running with Fats, Ray and Andy and pushing up the hills. Reached the big tree half way between the end of the bus stop and the statue. Back in 9:35 including a big pick up in pace over the final 300m tussling with Andy.

Andy had the average pace as follows: 3:50, 3:37, 3:42, 3:33.

Very pleased with the session. Getting stronger.

Load of people out there today. Even saw the mighty Serg going for a jog.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Good session Tom. Too hard for me.