Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's all about speed

Unfortunately I have none. Any Joe Schmoe can clock up the kms.

Today was 8 gate to gates (909m) but I only did 6 as I was getting pretty tired and am still erring on the side of caution. A good crowd but none of the fast boys were there (well, Fast Charlie was there but is even further behind on the comeback trail than me). I ran at the front for most with Ray darting in and out. MC and Pete W were just behind (the former having clocked up 22kms yesterday). Reps went as follows:

3:06
3:07
3:03
3:04
3:00
2:53

Ray pushed along on the final 2 and I just tucked in behind. The thing is, 3:06 (which is 3:24 pace) felt uncomfortably fast. I can't believe it gets that much easier with more kms. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Old? You may want to check out your dad's pbs again.

Superflake said...

Your just getting soft, your not old!

Tucks said...

You up for that 400m race now??