Friday, January 22, 2010

Hot Summer Runnin'

Missed the lunchtime run so swapped my ride home for a run home. Trouble was it had hit 34C by the time I headed for home. Not even sunny, just really muggy. So I took the run very easy. Felt very average heading up the steps to the Harbour Bridge and had to stop to buy a Powerade in Neutral Bay (I'd finish it before I got home). Despite this I got into a good rhythmn along Military Rd. 31:04 at the Toyota Garage but surprised with 58:34 all up with 7:56 for the final 2km.

Received R4YL in the post today - I'd thought Kirst had just bought me a copy for my Xmas stocking but turns out she had bought an annual subscription. How good is that? Very interesting article by Nic Bideau on training for the 5000m. I think I may need to make some changes....

55kms for the week, 90km on the bike and 3.2km swimming.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

I saw you just at the end near the Fairlight Vet. Just saw the camelbak disappear behind some trees.