Sunday, January 17, 2010

Getting Longer

Bit of a mess up this morning. Had picked up Ryan and was supposed to be doing a shortened version of the Striders STaR but got the starting place wrong (I went to the Rotunda) so missed the 6.30am group. Ryan and I did a route up to Centennial and then 2 laps of Centennial instead. I left him after the 2nd lap (16kms at which point we had been averaging 4:27s) then jogged back to the car. Slowed down a lot over the final 6kms to finish 21.35km in 1:35 - 4:32s. Tired and sore now. Need to stretch a lot. Bumped into Ben and Sean in Centennial, telling the latter (probably optimistically) that I'd be back soon.

Got a call from Duncan mid-morning asking if I wanted to swim from Shelley to Manly in prep for the Cole Classic. It was a perfect day weather wise so I did. Ended up swimming from Shelley all the way to Queenscliff. Knackered now.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

I don't know why they moved the start. Maybe because the old hosts don't do it anymore.
Ran into Tim Prowse at my surf club this morning who said he was doing HURT squad every couple of weeks. I did mention you and Fats to him.