Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back with the HuRT Squad

Yesterday was a Conway/Dalziell variation on the Balls Head route. Very easy pace (made me realise how quickly I've been running by myself) on a warm day and with lots of bush and twists and turns made for 13.39km in 67:47 (5:04 pace). Just happy for the time on feet though. Was a bit concerned with my hip towards the end of the day (after riding home) but woke up this morning feeling good.

Today was a 4 x 10mins session with the HuRT Squad but I only wanted to run 2 of them. Farm Cove was blocked off so we ran the old Art Gallery Rd route (see post on 14 June 2007 for what we used to run these in). I ran with MC on the first with Binfield out in front - we averaged 3:49's covering 2.62km. I tried to find some water after that and miised the start so ran behind everyone on the second rep. Covered exactly 2.62km again so at least they were consistent. Felt comfortable to start with but rapidly deteriorated in the heat (31C out there but with little shade to hide under). 2km jog to end with. Long way to go...

Tucks - not sure why I updated the Head to Heads, particularly given Durante has effectively retired, Kanser has gone AWOL and Serg is in aestivation. If the injuries stay at bay, I'll probably run the Striders 10kms and Six Foot, but looking at City to Surf as something to finally be competitive for. Tiger has laid a bet....

No comments: