Thursday, January 28, 2010

HuRTS Mona Fartlek

Better crowd today with the return of Tucks, a rare appearance by the Judge and MC's crowd of UBS employees. They must all respond to the fact that an executive director sends out the session details.

Felt pretty good beforehand so set off with good intentions only to see Tucks, the Judge and Ray immediately disappear off into the distance. I ran the whole first half by myself, hitting all the hills at the wrong time (ie. just as the clock ticked over for another fast section). Reached the end of the lay-by next to the Art Gallery at the turn and headed back. Felt much better on the way back, attacking the 30s quite hard as I caught MC, Cradock and Andy. Managed to stave off Ray and Tucks overtaking me which was a small consolation. Not as beat-up at the end as I am when running this fit. I think I'm scared of distance and the idea of falling apart at the moment.

GMap is here.. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3439958 Total of 5.45km is an average pace of 3:40s. Tucks hit the Stone Gates with 15s to spare so plainly is in great form. I think we've only done that twice - 19 June '08 and 8 November '07. Not sure he got back as far but that was countered by the fact it was the height of summer today and he was running by himself. Ray was a good 100m ahead of me at the turn too.

3+km warm down for 10km all up. Heel much better this afternoon. It seems to respond well to fast sessions but badly to running slowly.

64km running for the week, it will be 85km on the bike and 0km (eek!) swimming.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Ray was entered for the 5k last night. DNS? Maybe he had to make up for missing it at Hurts today. Keep going Tom you'll catch Tucks soon enough. Well this year sometime.