Sunday, September 27, 2009

Strange things are afoot...

Yesterday I showed up at Centennial Park at 6.45am to find our usual meeting place roped off by police due to the murder of a 37yr old. http://www.smh.com.au/national/man-died-a-violent-death-20090927-g7js.html. Today I try and run around North Head only to find the road closed by police due to a human skeleton being found by a fossicker. http://www.smh.com.au/national/skeleton-found-at-north-head-20090927-g7dm.html. Also on my run today, I set off with all things being usual from near Campbell Parade and return retracing my original steps to find a massive tree blocking the path. Good job I wasn't anywhere near it when it came down as I don't think I would have had the acceleration to avoid it.

Dropped Billy off at Woody's for a party and left the car there to do a 2 hour run. Ran to Shelley, up to North Head (but stopped by the cops at the roundabout), so went back the same way but when I got to Queenscliff carried on up the coast beyond Dee Why before turning around and heading home. Just like 2 weeks ago I felt fine until 90 minutes then really struggled. Didn't fall apart quite as badly as last time but it wasn't as hot. I think the correlation is doing the long run after Sean's session the day before, done it twice and both times I've struggled. All up it was 2:00:11. Works out at about 26.5km (route) so about 4:32 per km.

No comments: