Wednesday, September 02, 2009

HuRTS Time Trial

Today (Tuesday) was 6.5km hard on a route starting at the stone gates opposite St Mary's, down to the Opera House, around and back. We had a rough staggered start which we can finesse next time based on today's times. I'd been looking forward to this run as a good gauge of my current fitness. Outcome is that I've still got plenty to do. Set off quickly with Enda running the first km in 3:11. He then pulled ahead in the second km which I ran in 3:23. I was then on my own, suffered in the third km running 3:36 and going through the Stone Gates in 9:46. Was blowing hard around the Opera House covering the next km in 3:36 again but recovered slightly coming back around Farm Cove (3:34). It was then a question of just holding on and pushing hard up the hills for home. Tucks and Andy came past at this stage. Was pretty pleased about the way I finished, closing slightly on Enda towards the end. Clocked 22:45 to finish (exactly what I predicted - central governor was in control). It's just short of 6.5km so works out at 3:31 per/km on average.

Final times were as follows:

Tucks: 21:19
Andy: 22:08
Enda: 22:30
Me: 22:45
Travis: 22:58
Binfield: 23:50
Gerry: 23:54
Smolly: 23:55
Todd Neal: 24:10
Greg: 28:04

2 comments:

Greg Cassis said...

Damn email sarcasm - it never works! Greg did not complete the task as required. I turned it into an interval session as the legs were still hurting from 3hr on Monday. 28:04 was meant to be a funny starting point so that (hopefully) I would show greast improvement over time. Sorry Tom, will make sarcasm clearer in future emails.
Cheers
Greg

Superflake said...

Pretty good run Tom considering Enda ran 49:02 at C2S so you should have full pace back in time for JP Morgan this year.