Sunday, September 13, 2009

Slowly feeling more normal

Saturday

Joined up with Sean's squad for what I thought was 6km hard. Turned out it was 8km hard followed by 10 100m hills. Watched everyone immediately shoot off into the distance while I ran with Craig Dunn and another chap with Dmitry just behind. Stayed with them for the first two laps where the other chap finished (he was only running 4km). Craig then seemed to ease off the pace a bit so I pushed ahead and ran by myself. Kept the pace fairly controlled the whole way and I think I judged the pace OK - it was hard but not as knackering as a race. Pleased to be able to stay ahead of Craig and Dmitry but they are also recovering from injury/illness. Splits were as follows:

3:28, 3:33, 3:41, 3:36, 3:40, 3:41, 3:41, 3:30.

Must be a bit short of 8km as my time was 28:36. Then did only 3 hills. Achilles was fine but I needed to get home and was also a bit concerned about the adductor.

About 14km all up.

No comments: