Monday, August 03, 2009

William Styan

Yep Jamie, decided to rehash and old practice of listing the names of runners for each title. Current list is those I used to run against as a kid. Ceri Rees dominated North Eastern road races and cross country as a junior. He was a year older than me so we were never really on a par. He was rumoured to have run the Great North Run in 1:16 as a 13 year old. William Styan was from Yorkshire so I only used to run against him in whole of North England races or national races. He was second when I won the Northern Boys X-C Champs, but he won the Inter-County X-C Champs the year before.

Today was the usual Monday run with LF Charlie, TB and Nick Fairfax, picking up Aus along the way. Turned in 32:36 then Nick picked up the pace on the way back. I ran with him and we got back in 63:33. Felt great today and pleased as it's my first attempt at consecutive days running since the end of March. Achilles better than ever - adding a bit of concentric exercises at the end of the eccentric loading and it's helping a lot. Picked up nasty blisters today though due to forgetting my socks.

No comments: