Thursday, August 20, 2009

Danny Wilson

Couldn't join the HuRT Squad today as I had a conference call and was also keen to follow Sean's program rather than 7 gate to gates. Jogged over to Rushcutters (quietly) in 15 mins. There was a school sports day on the Oval so did the session running on the perimeter path of the next door field. Scheduled session was 1min fast, 30s float, 2mins fast, 45s float, 3 mins fast, 60s float x2. So just 16:30 all up. It'll be x3 in 2 weeks time. Started to struggle a bit on the first 3mins fast. My stamina may be OK but my VO2Max has been shot by the 5 month lay off. I would have strolled through this session previously. Started to feel OK again in the second set when I was forcing myself to relax. Didn't worry about my running style when doing the session - seemed to be running on my toes in any case.

Plenty of stretching after then a slower jog back to work. About 11km all up. Achilles no problem but calves still sore. Amazing the change after JLP's work last Friday and the quiet running. I need a new pair of shoes though as my "adapted" shoes just slip off when going quickly.

More great races from the World Champs. 1500m last night was fascinating - just goes to show how tactical that race can be (Peter Rono, Noah Ngeny anyone?). Disappointed with Sally in the 100m Hurdles but the 800m made up for it with a great run from Jenny Meadows. I have a feeling that in 3 weeks she'll be kicking herself even more that she didn't dip for the line to get what may potentially be the gold medal.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Pretty disgraceful the media treatment of Semenya - Guilty until proven innocent or; a man until proven a woman. I hope she gets the all clear because that was amazing running off the front of the pack.