Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vince McKie

Out with the HuRTS boys. Session was Sean's suggestion for this week, 15mins hard (4min rest), 15mins hard (4mins rest), 10mins hard.

Was still feeling a bit sore after yesterday and trialling my new shoes (Nike Span 6). I've decided to go back to basics with shoes, getting a neutral pair and concentrating on a low heel tab. Good thing about this approach is that they're much cheaper.

Crowd today was fairly quiet again - Serg, Tucks and Ray upfront, Andy joining in and taking it easy with Clement, Pete W, LF Charlie, RMR and a few others behind. I felt pretty average on the first rep, running out yesterday's run from my legs and worrying about how I'd cope with the second long rep. Managed 4.14km in the 15mins (3:37 pace). Felt really good on the second rep. Serg came by very early on having run a 3:16 first km and I tried to stick with him for a while. Then Ray and Tucks came by, Ray dropped off up the hills while Tucks pulled ahead. I then caught Tucks coming up to the gates. Finished the rep in 15:01 so just failed to get back in the same time. Having said that, the Garmin got it at 4.18km (3:36) pace so perhaps I started further back from where I finished the first rep. Tried to do gate to gate in 10mins for the final rep but hit the wind around Farm Cove and only managed 10:10. Still, another building block and pleased with how I felt on the second rep, particularly after yesterday.

Serg should race on Sunday. He's plainly in great shape.

No comments: