Thursday, August 27, 2009

Adrian Bell

Plan on the Sean program was 75mins easy (16km). Given I was running the HuRT Squad and we were doing Hickson Road reps, this was not going to be easy. So ran 7km beforehand then ran the reps at a good pace but without killing myself like you normally do on Hickson Road. That's not to say it was at all comfortable. I ran them at about 3:22 per/km pace. Tucks was miles ahead, Serg joined him up front for a couple, Ray, new boy Tim and a couple others were ahead of me with LF Charlie, Pete W and a few others behind. Made me realise how far I've got to go though. Trying to get under 3:40 for each 1.2km rep would have killed me.

By the end of the reps I'd covered 13km at an average of 4:00 per/km, so just jogged back to the office. Couldn't face the 80m sprints. All up 16.03km in 1:06:42 (average of 4:10's). Not quite what Sean had planned I'm sure but not a bad session in any case. It's all good at this stage.

Very bad news for Kanser having picked up a stress fracture in his pelvis. Know how he must be feeling at the moment. Stick with it mate.

No comments: