Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hickson Road

Swapped my entry in the Bridge Run on Sunday to the Half Marathon, principally following Kanser's email asking whether I'd be happier with a 9km PB or a Half PB. So didn't push this session as hard as I would normally do. Having said that, it would have been hard to as nobody else did, consistently at least. Times went:

3:45; 3:32; 3:37; 3:30; 3:53

First and last I was running by myself into a strong headwind. Last also involved a detour due to traffic. Third was most satisfying tucking behind the main group to shelter from the wind and then pushing on in the last 200m. Strong wind assisting on the return runs made them very quick. Anthony ran 3:17 for the 4th, a new Hickson Road record.

Another big crowd, including Ray, Serg, Anthony, Charlie, Fats, Phil, Richard's H and M (making a return), Durante, Dylan and Toby.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

I reckon your on 72 min form. That would break Uncle Dave's PB and your Dad's in one race. Kanser is right. Who needs a 9k PB! Good luck mate it should be a fun day.