Thursday, September 27, 2007

Aerobic conditioning

14 x 3 min off 1 min rest around Farm Cove.

Averaged about 3:25 - 3:30 per km pace per rep. First 5 feel great, chatting away. Then you start to think they are going to go on forever and you haven't even reached halfway. By 10 (when Ray put in a quick one) I was starting to struggle but picked it up again over the last 2 knowing I was home. Pretty hot today - grabbed a rushed drink from the bubbler after no.10. Managed to run gate to gate plus some on the final rep - about 930m.

Good crowd led by Charlie, Serg, Anthony, Ray, Enda, Mike C, Toby and Derek from BT, Luke and Tim C joining after 5. Lots dropped out after 8 and more after 10 (including, inexplicably, Charlie), Ray, Serg and Anthony stopped after 12 leaving just Tim C and I to run the last 2.

Felt shafted at the end. Barely able to manage a jog. Now sitting at my desk with a sore stomach contemplating how to stay awake for the rest of the afternoon.

1km warm up plus 3km warmdown for about 17km all up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't reply on coolrunning at the moment so I will use this site instead...

The 14.59min was spot on...and I ran the last 1km with one shoe almost falling off because my shoe lace was undone. True story.

Have a good run tomorrow. Do not be afraid to beat Anthony.

PB

Unknown said...

I was trying to lure you into taking the bait!

silverfox said...

Tom

Just read your report from sunday...wow! Congratulations on an awesome effort.