Tuesday, November 28, 2017

HuRTs 1km reps

First up was final stroke correction class at 6.30am.  Still lots to work on, particularly relaxing my arm on entry and pushing the shoulder down.  But getting there.  I can now swim a much slower stroke so will join the Vladswim squad and hammer out the km for the time being.  Leaves me totally shagged (hence today's feeling at lunchtime) but so be it.

Out at lunch feeling knackered but down for the 8 x 1km reps (2min rest) at Barangaroo which is a pretty social session.  Massive turnout for a popular set which I may amend to put on more regularly.  First rep was a heart starter in 3:23 struggling along but then felt good for the next 5 running with Fats and Lachie in the 3:17 - 3:18 range.  After 6 the heat, humidity and morning swim got to me so eased up over the final two running 3:40's.

Another session done.  A bit of progression each time.  Cool down with Macca, JFen, Barts and Geordie for 13km all up.



No comments: