Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Tuesday's my worst day

AM: Just 6.5km to Shelly but finishing at Emporio for coffee with Kirst. Seemed to high-five half of Manly on the way. Near Shelly I was staring at this lady because she looked familiar and eventually realised it was Asher Keddie. She smiled at me so I think I'm in.

PM: Turned up at ES Marks already feeling tired but told myself to push through this one.  6 x 1km off a rolling 4:30 followed by 6 x 200m off a 200m jog.  Ran with Alex, Damien and Neil. Kevin and Matt miles ahead off rolling 4mins.

Reps went 3:01, 3:03, 3:05, 3:04, 3:06, 3:05.  Much quicker than last week and makes a huge difference having a standing rest.  Alex was in fine form about 2s ahead and taking the wind on each rep.  200m reps were awful, with Neil schooling me after I jokingly told him it would be a comp between us as to who didn't finish last on each one.

Broke down with cramps afterwards (had also had them at work during the day) and am shattered now.

4km warm up and 3km down for 16km all up and 22.5km for the day.

No comments: