Thursday, January 12, 2017

HuRTS Rushcutters set

Jogged over with a decent sized group which included a Dutch chap called Hessel (who apparently found out about HuRTs through Strava) and Kevin Batt being dropped off with the group by his old man.

Arrived at Rushcutters to find Timmy had faithfully laid out the cones for a perfectly marked out 800m/200m set.  So it was to be 6 x 800m (off a rolling 4 mins) then 6 x 200m (with a 50s rest).  Well, any illusions as to feeling as though you might be an alright runner are shattered when someone like Kev Batt comes past you.  He floated by as if he was jogging for the bus.  I knew he was quick but didn't realise until chatting to him afterwards how quick (7:51/13:39 last year).  Nick Roberts was a bit in front of me for the first 4 reps but came good in the final 2 when I went barefoot.  I ran them starting at 2:33 and bringing them down to 2:23 by the 6th.  Legs felt like treacle though.  No bounce in them at all and the times only came down through sheer hard work.

Then on to the 200's where we did the usual trick of me choosing a hare and telling them to stay in front of Kev for as long as possible.  Jerome, Mikey L, Brendan, Nick, Toby and I all had a go.  I think Mikey and Toby may even have succeeded in staying ahead the whole way.  I certainly didn't.  Gave it my all but he coasted alongside me with 50m to go shouting encouragement as he did so.  Keeps the 200's interesting though, gets everyone involved and makes it a fun session.

Warm today.  Garmin Connect tells me it was 27C for the session.  11km all up.

Apparently Lewis is my top training partner:

https://2016.strava.com/en-gb/share/7771236







No comments: