Saturday, January 07, 2017

Parkrun - 1st in 16:34

Well, it was better than Christmas Day.  Looking after myself a bit better this week but on the other hand just finished my first 100km+ week since early October.  

Had Benny pushing me hard in the first km with him determined to get there first and me determined to deny him.  I pushed a bit ahead and got there in 3:10 but could still hear him on my shoulder at 2km (6:30).  Could it really be him?  Determined not to look over my shoulder but he's still there during the third km and it's starting to hurt.  3:30 for that one.  Struggled up the hill but with "Ben" dropped I eased off and starting blowing hard.  3:40 for the 4th km which is a shocker. I normally pick up again for that one.  Came home a bit quicker (2:02 from the bridge) for 16:34 official (16:37 on my watch). 

Plus points are there is a load of time to pick up in that 4th km.  Minus points are it's still a crap time when pushing hard.  But it's where I'm at.

2km warm up and 3km warm down bringing Maggsy home.  She, like Darren who ran very even splits but missed his PB by 2s, needs to attack more from the start.

No comments: