Sunday, January 29, 2017

Change in the Long Run!!

Darren and Erika were restless this morning. I could sense something amiss immediately.  Within 100m I had Erika in my ear suggesting a different route to that which we have done for the past 4 years without change.  Mutiny was in the air.  We picked up Hamish (Ben and Lewis also there) and headed to Dee Why to pick up Toby.  Then at Fitness First we looped down Harbord Road and immediately up Headland Rd (a killer) to satisfy the Jordans. A loop around Dee Why headland and back along Curl Curl beach and the beautiful coast track before following the Sun Run course to scare those taking part next week.  Dutifully scared, we headed to Shelly where we farewelled Toby and Lewis but something was nagging at me.  Then it dawned.  We'd forgotten that we'd arranged to meet the Cap'n at Narrabeen Lake. Poor fella would be devo.

Finished with a loop of North Head and back to Queenscliff.  Darren, who is in great form, was pushing all the hills (properly pushing) and I was working hard to stay with him.  He is going to surprise a few when he races something more than Parkrun. I much preferred the hilly route though and it suits me better having done a lot of hill work recently.  The standard Sunday route had started to depress me and I wasn't enjoying it.

All up 27km in 4:40's.  No takers for Emporio after the ocean dip so I headed home to find the family heading out to Rosebery Cafe.  They serve a great brekkie there so may need to start to incorporate it.  Saw Emma C and Amy S there with Emma looking over her pregnancy as she's due next week.  Good luck!!!

Great pic from yesterday's Parkrun with Maggie finishing strongly:




1 comment:

Barts said...

Like the sound of the new route. Will have to test it out this week