Sunday, August 03, 2014

NSW Short Course XC Champs - 13th in 25:38

Couldn't psyche myself up for the one.  Got there, did a jog warm up with Tucks, said hello to all the usual quality ANSW crowd - Richie Roberts, Robin W, Geoff Arnold, Dean.  Striders had a quality O35's team of CT, Tucks, Fats and myself.  So strong in fact that I think we would have come 2nd in the Opens.

Set off conservatively partly because I was wearing my trainers.  Struggled around the corners for grip so took them gingerly.  Left hammie was a bit sore on the short, sharp hills. CT raced ahead after 500m.  I was about 50m adrift of Robin with Tucks and Fats behind me.  Same on the 2nd lap with Tucks catching.  He overtook me just before the final lap and never looked back - catching and overhauling Robin and CT.  Our gaps remained about the same - I finished 15s adrift of CT and 9 adrift of Robin.  Pretty non-plussed about the result.  Fired me up for next week though.  It was 4s quicker than last year.  As my 5km TT on Thursday was 2s quicker than last year maybe that's about right.

Big week and the hammie is sore.

No comments: